Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First WIP of official Spring!

Well now let's see.....
Lots got done last week...Spring has sprung and I was totally inspired to get cleaning, get finishing.
So....progress so far:
Still messing with the layout.

NEW WIP custom order: I'm not pleased with my current layout so I'm going to mess with this more today. It's a super cute Circus Print with bright blue and polka dots for contrast. I cannot find my camera (starting to panic) so I'm stuck with using my phone camera so sorry about the crappy pics. This is a custom order and I'm finishing it today ( I hope!)

New WIP:
Baby memory quilt made out of baby clothes & blankets. This is a challenge for me, to do someone's memories and treasures justice. I have found a few pics online for inspiration, we'll see how it turns out. I was SO SCARED as I cut into the wee little clothes...aieeee. Pics to follow when/if I find my camera.

FINISHED this week:
One of the Fairy patchwork quilts; older pic finished.
Jungle quilt, and sent. Purple purple, and sent.
For my Etsy store, awaiting pics, 4 finished baby quilts. Basted, bound & trimmed and washed.Yay!

WIP: My rail fence: I unpicked all the ugly stitching and rebasted. Le sigh. But I forgot how pretty this was so new inspiration to finish.
Rail fence top on the grass last summer. my longest standing WIP

NEW WIPS:
Custom surprise blankie that I can't even mention. Cut.

Ruby bricks and strips: Rows are assembled, needs sashing and finishing.

WITW: Started to assemble.


SO...... that's it for me so far. The beautiful weather has been keeping outside and working...it's a good thing I love to sew because there aren't any windows down in the Quilt Cave...(hence the name) because it's awfully hard to tear myself away from the sunshine....!

I hope you all have a productive week, and happy SPRING y'all!!!

***UPDATE as of 5pm***

Yay! I assembled both the Walk In The Woods AND the Circus quilt tops today!
Here's some pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.