Monday, October 10, 2011

Quilt for Fred's Mom

I love my friend Fred. He is one terrific guy. And even though I've never had the pleasure of meeting her, his Mom is also one terrific lady, and MAN can she cook.
So; my first finished (almost) commissioned quilt is for Mrs. F; and I hope she likes it. I wanted something homey but bright, so I chose yellows and browns and pinks for the main colours.
Assembling the Springtime Blocks

Piles of completed blocks

The finished blocks assembled and laid out; on grass so yes it's wobbly looking

The Blue border I like best so far. The quilt isn't skewed I need to work on my photo skills.

Springtime Block
The borders have  kinda stumped me; I had a pink in mind but then I thought it might be too 'young' for her; so then I thought, well, I can use the yellow floral  that is the main large triangle colour. But I wanted to use that for the backing and thatmight be too much
So now......I'm thinking I'm gonna add a border of bright royal blue with a feathery type pattern on it...wonder about some input? Thoughts?
Well... I went and added the blue border; I will post some pics in a bit. I think it's coming together pretty nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.