Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mom's Quilt is Finished!

Wellllllllllllll It's all finished!

All the threads trimmed, bound neatly and ready to go! It's a bit too square than I had first planned but, I'm pretty happy with it. 
's favourite colours are coral and rust and coppery colours; I hope she likes this.




She told me about the heavy quilts she slept under as a child; and I used a heavy blanket and batting for the fill. It's nice and toasty warm; I tested it out watching TV last week and it worked really well. Nice and warm. :)
I hope she likes this!





I just used big squares and stitched in the ditch, added some sashing and hand stitched the hearts. There's also a "I love you Mom" in the border by the corner. Let's see if she finds it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.