Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Quilting Bucket List - and What I've Learned



I have a list of quilts, of varying degrees of difficulty, that I'd like to complete.

I feel like I've mastered the basics now, of measuring, cutting, basting and binding.

(Even though, I know myself - I get rushed and sometimes my measurments are *slightly* off...which as we know can lead to massive trouble at later stages. But I'm working on it.)

I feel though like I'm ready.....

I'm ready for more of a challenge. Here's some of my better work, and my Bucket List....



Best quilt I've ever made: Road to Oklahoma Star Quilt (dear friend's wedding gift; see the whole post here)



Starflower quilt - nearly finished!! Only started it....oh....4 years ago now!



Postage Stamp Quilt.- In Progress!

This is NOT my quilt; but I loved this dark jewel toned one.



Lone Star Quilt - Made 2; still don't have the math/cutting precision down. I have some beautiful red, navy and white I'm going to try again with.

Here's what they are supposed to look like.



Here's what mine looked like. It was a "Frozen" quilt for a fundraiser. It did the job, raised lots of $$. And I was ultimately happy with the end result. More...snowflakey and fractal-ish.

But......Count the points. Somehow...I ended up with 9. On an 8 point pattern. Ahem. AND I made it twice....carefully measuring and cutting. Same result.
(I know now that 1. I'm going WAY too fast when piecing 2. Always need to use the 1/4 foot for guiding and 3. Should get an actual 3 inch wide ruler and not fold the fabric when I cut so it doesn't "bow" in the middle.)




Dresden Plate.- Never Tried
Some different examples of the pattern.


Carpenter's Star/Swoon - Haven't Tried









I have a few other patterns at home I'm going to try out as well - a dear friend I don't see enough of sent me an entire box of vintage patterns from her Grandmother (she doesn't sew) and I can't wait to dig through those!

And last but not least.... A Sampler Quilt. But...we'll see. Truly will be a labour of love!!


What's on your bucket list to sew? Link up! Post your WIPS or UFOS in the comments!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.