Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Piecing it all together




So if you're reading this 
you're either 


1. A Quilter/Sewist/Creator etc etc
or
2. Super bored and hitting "next" on Blogger
or
3. Related to me.

www.facebook.com/quiltingsewingcreating
 

For me, there is no better thrill then holding sometime up and saying "I Made This." 
Or seeing peoples' faces light up when I give them something
 and they're like "OMG! You *made* this?!" And I proudly nod.

I love making stuff. It makes me happy.

And it helps me think, focus and meditate on things. 
(You know, things.)
Big things, little things. 

I like thinking that what I'm making is going to keep someone warm. That they'll reach for it when they're watching a movie. Or when it's just a tad chilly. Or when they're sick and need comfort. And I hope that when they use it they feel a bit of the love and care that went into it for them. Whether or not I know them or if they were a stranger making a purchase over Etsy. I like to think about these things as I create.
 

So it could be said that Quilting keeps me sane! 

What about you? How does sewing or quilting or whatever creative past time help you?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.