Monday, July 16, 2018

National ICE CREAM DAY!!! WOOOOOT!!!!!

Um okay so in the Kelly family we have a saying:


"There's ALWAYS room for Ice Cream".

And THAT my friends is the absolute truth.

Now; I do love me my Chunky Monkey as much as the next person but my tried & true is ALWAYS Pistachio. No; wait. Mint Chip. NO! Coconut. Grrrr. Double Chocolate Brownie?? Gah. Who am I kidding???
 I . 
Love.
 Ice.
 Cream.

 All of it. All the flavours. All of them.

Ahem.

Now, a few years ago I received a gift of an Ice Cream Maker. Because well, I love Ice Cream.
My Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker! Reliable, SO easy to use & clean!
But I was rather shocked to find out that most recipes call for ridiculous amounts of both sugar and heavy cream, or sweetened condensed milk. I'm sorry. 
But that's just...too much sweet. (Is there such a thing?? Turns out,there is.)

So I searched and searched (wasn't brave enough to experiment. Heavy cream is EXPENSIVE, yo.)
I had these gorgeous but-had-to-be-used-yesterday strawberries.... 

 the tail end of fresh strawberries from the Farmer's Market....
and I knew what I had to do.
Found an amazing Strawberry Ice Cream recipe (Thanks, Michelle!!!!)  and took a deep breath and...VOILA.
Home made ice cream in less than an hour!!!!! I was so impressed. And let me tell ya.....the taste is the best Ice Cream I've ever had.

It was so good..... I made a SECOND batch immediately AND a chocolate one, too.
Yum.

Happy Ice Cream Day, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.