Monday, July 17, 2017

Today I am Grateful....for my garden




This week I'm all about my garden.
The front yard; early May.
After a few weeks.


I grew up in a small town and my parents always had a HUGE garden.
I never truly enjoyed yardwork as a child. 

But now...I love it. It's so peaceful. 


Vamp loves to help me dig in the dirt.
So I always make sure she's rewarded with her own patch of catnip!

Vamp returning from her rounds.



Supergrover keeps an eye on the rhubarb and bird feeders.

I have a small yard and this year I did a lot of research into small area and container gardening...and it's been working pretty well; the furry woodland creatures have been mostly leaving things alone and the plants are growing hardy and strong. 

Portable pumpkin patch! 
 The backyard has a small plot of earth and this year, there's onions, zucchini, cucumber, thyme, parsley and sage.



No matter how hard the work, it's rewarding and wonderful to be able to grow your own food.
 To dig into the warm earth and smell the loamy goodness.
To harvest onions and carrots and snip the fresh basil....mmm. Nothing better.


Punkins!

Zukes and Cukes!

Tomatoes, Lettuce, Spinach and Radishes

Corn and Taters!

I do love my Morning Glories.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.