Sunday, October 19, 2014

Travelling!

Nothing like coming home after a nice trip to really appreciate the things you have.





The Limeybirds always get their man.
I used to travel for a living, touring all over the US & Canada as a musical theatre performer - living out of hotels, motels, RVs and staying with friends. It was the best of times, it was....well, pretty awesome actually. :)

Ernest Hemingway's home in Key West

Jackson Sq in New Orleans

Sunset at Tarpon Lodge, Bokeelia, FL

My favourite mode of transportation when in Pine Island, FL

Beautiful art in the Museum of Art, St.Louis

My Happy Place, New York City

Loved the movie, LOVED the pizza even more! Mystic, CT

On the road again.....Ontario, Canada

CN Tower, Toronto, ON

Happiness is..... NYC

Home away from Home, Guilford, CT

Somewhere in the Blue Mountains, on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Stonewall Jackson's home.... I'm touching the stone wall.... get it?!

Another awesome place in Lexington, VA

Just out walkin', Empire State Building NYC

Needs no explanation!



But having a home that's not on wheels is really nice. It's also really nice to be in once place and be able to plan things!

This past week I was in Norwich, CT and then Boston, MA. I had a TON of fun...but now I have to buckle down and Git To Work. Ha. 


A few quilt orders have come in, and my fall teaching session begins Wednesday. House to clean and yard to prep for winter....always lots to do.


My Black Eyed Susans & Winston Churchill Fuschias


I did a few quilts for surprise gifts that are waiting to be blogged...and as well some "Outlander" inspired knitting..... but more later on that. Tonite is my weekend and it's my fav TV night...60 Minutes....Once Upon a Time, Homeland, and more stuff. Yay.


Have a great week...tell me......what've you been up to?


I shall leave you with some photos of Boston:
Walden Pond, Concord MA





Boston!!

A really great lunch at "The Top of the Hub"

Everywhere you look, old beautiful churches!

Boston Public Library!

And inside the library; a courtyard!

With a statue!

Yellow Italian Marble everywhere.....


Beautiful Lion Statues dedicated to the men who fought in the Civil War



City Park, Washington Statue

Splash of colour in the City Park



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.